Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 2

Oct. 19th, 2010. 
Norm got up at 6:30 as usual, went through his usual routine and then came to check on me.  He was going to work today and I was on my own until Kathie came to get me at 10 a.m. to take me to the Doctor's office for an xray of my right foot.

She came a little earlier so we would have enough time to make the appointment.  She had baked a banana nut bread and brought it for us.  When sitting in the wheelchair waiting for my appointment I tried to navigate it around the chairs in the waiting room.  It takes a great deal of practice to maneuver a wheel chair.  I have a new appreciation for people who must use one everyday of their life.  I think that all doctors and nurses should sit in one and try to get around to build empathy for their patients.

As luck would have it Dr. Bandel didn't think I did anything to harm my foot but they would take another xray on Friday to see if it was still in place.

After the appointment we came back to my house, shared a slice of nut bread and Kathie was one her way. Thank you Kathie, you are a good friend.

The morning tired me out so I feel asleep in my bed and the next thing I heard was the doorbell at about 1:30.  It was Jan with a cup of Jaimacamecrazy flavored coffee for me.  I enjoyed that very much.  She stayed for a little while then went to the church to type the Sunday bulletin.

I watched two more movies in the afternoon waiting for my hubby to come home.   Oscar spent the whole afternoon in bed with me.  I think he is worried about me and won't leave my side for very long.

I decided to take a shower tonight.  You aren't supposed to get your bandages wet so I wrapped my feet with my plastic special shoes on in tall kitchen garbage bags and used duct tape to seal it.  It didn't work that well.  I'll have to figure out something else.

Set my alarm for my next dosage of pain med and then off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment