Monday, October 18, 2010

First day after surgery

We had to be at the surgery center at 6 a.m.   The pre-opt room was a flurry of nurses, doctors, anesthetists, scurrying around taking blood pressures, temperatures and a myriad of other tasks to make sure all the details were taken care of for each out-patient.

It seems like after the IV I went to sleep and woke up after the surgery.  It was hard getting into the SUV but I made it home and to the bed.  The pain injection started to wear off about 11 a.m. so I have been taking pain pills every 4 hours since then.  My husband has been pretty good to me today.  Also, I have had phone calls, texts, emails and a couple drop bys.  My pastor's wife, Jan, brought food for dinner tonight.  I was really hungry and it tasted so good.

I have been icing my feet on and off all day.  Once when getting up to walk I heard my foot make a "pop" noise, like I was cracking my knuckles, or popping a bubble wrap bubble.  I called the doctor's office and I now have an appointment tomorrow morning to have x-rays to make sure everything is still okay.  My friend, Kathy, is taking me to the doctor's office, since Norm has to work.  It is great to have good friends to help when you need it.

Today was a long day.  I am not used to laying in bed all day.  I watched two movies, Dancing with the Stars and returned emails. Tomorrow will be a longer day since the pain medicine will wear off in my feet.  Not looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment