Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 3

Made it through the night setting my phone alarm every 4 hours for my pain pill.  I thought I heard the phone and waited for my husband to get it, but it kept ringing.  I finally answered and it was my husband.  He wanted to know if I wanted anything for lunch.  It was already 12:30 p.m.  I slept all morning and noticed my feet were aching a little bit more.  I went a little longer than 4 hours and was beginning to feel it.  I immediately ate a graham cracker and took my pain med.

Norm brought me a hamburger from Runza and went to pick up the dog from the groomers.  Oscar looked really cute with his Halloween scarf.  That lasted about an hour then it was off.  Norm went back to work and I was on my own again.  I had him unlock the front door in case someone came to visit.  I'm glad he did.

Pastor Randy called to see if he could come over to visit.  He said a prayer over me before he left.  Then my friend Vicki stopped by on her way home from her walk.  She is a good friend and I always enjoy her company.  Then one of my high school classmates, Pat called to see if she could bring lunch for me on Thursday.  Of course, of course.  I am always ready to eat and visit with friends.  I called one of my friends, Rhonda, to see how her surgery went on her tailbone.  She had her surgery in Omaha also on Monday so I wanted to hear how she was doing.

Walking with my crutches to the bathroom went a little better today.  I wasn't so wobbly.  The Surgery center called to see how I was doing, to make sure I understood to stay off of my feet.  That wasn't too hard today to do.  I was tired.  I streamed another movie this afternoon and tried to watch another one but fell asleep.

Cheryl and Mark brought over lasagna and bread sticks tonight for dinner.  That was really good.  I'll have to get her recipe.  Went back to bed after dinner a took a small nap, woke up about 9 and watched a TV show with Norm then got ready for bed.  Wanted to blog tonight.  I want to remember who visits and brings things.  I want to write thank you notes to my friends who have been helping us.  They are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment