Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tomorrow is the day for my foot surgery

Here is a photo of my feet before bunion surgery.

I am re-reading my instruction sheet for pre-operative surgery.  It says, "The night before surgery, in BOLD letters:  DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT.  NOT EVEN WATER."

Tomorrow I will have both my feet operated on for bunions.  Probably a stupid thing to do, but since I am self-employed and the designated broker of my real estate company I can't be gone for too long and both feet need it.  So I'm going for it.  My husband thinks I am crazy.  Of course, he will need to wait on me and he hates that kind of thing.  Oh, I forgot to buy a bell.  I'll have to keep my phone charged.

My mom has bunions on her feet and never had them taken care of.  Her shoes do not fit properly and she has trouble walking, not mention the deformity of her toes.

My feet started to hurt last year and have gotten worse.  It is time.  I will try to post photos as the healing takes place.  I will post my thoughts during this process.  I have asked several people who have had this done and there experiences.   One lady said I will hate everyone and everything for about 3 weeks.

I know it will hurt.  Am I prepared?  Although I think I am, I am not prepared for the type of pain which is different from a muscle ache that will go away with an aspirin.

I have friends praying for me and for Dr. Larsen, and also for my husband.  I have spent most of the day today getting my bedroom ready with "stuff" I think I will need to spend my time on while healing.

We have to be at the surgery center a 6 a.m. Monday.  I am still wondering how they're going to get me in the SUV after the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment